Sales & Catering Coordinator
Canada Vision 2016 Ltd.
Education : HSC / College degree/diploma in Tourism, Hotel or Restaurant Management. knowledge of a Hotel
Monthly Selery : BDT 3,80,000/
Job location / Canada
Hilton Vancouver Metrotown
The Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, professional managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts Canada, is just steps from the Metropolis at Metrotown shopping centre and Skytrain. Our hotel features contemporary rooms, executive lounge, full-service restaurant and lounge as well as banquet space.
Join our team of hospitality professionals who are to building success based on passion and expertise. We understand that a positive work environment directly translates to our focus on promoting a positive, diverse work environment. We are currently looking for energetic and passionate individuals with an interest in developing their hospitality career.
Reporting into the Director of Sales the Sales & Catering Coordinator assist in the overall efficient operations of the Sales & Catering Team and is responsible for the efficient and professional coordination of any assigned banquet, meeting or reception.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Prepares all event documentation and coordinates with sales, hotel departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post event phases.
* Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
* Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process. Makes presence known to guests at all times during this process. Is available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
* Proactively identifies operational challenges associated with an event and works with the hotel team and guest to solve challenges and develop alternative solutions.
* Manages banquet and meeting space for assigned groups.
* Advises sales staff as to ability to accommodate client demands including phone requirements, fit of available space and materials such as booths. Assist sales staff in promoting hotel, developing leads and securing re-bookings.
* Access and input data into a computer system to generate account history reports.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
* Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
* Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests.
* PMS is an asset
* Energetic, self-motivated and flexible to change
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Must be professional, enthusiastic, a strong team player and possess excellent organizational skills
* Proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced work environment
* Ability to multi task to accomplish job responsibilities
Only those applicants with authorization to work in Canada will be considered for career opportunities.
Hilton Vancouver Metrotown thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.